Funding and Support

Funding and Support of Conservation Activities for Community Groups and Landholders in the Clarence Valley

There are many, and varied sources of support for landholders and community groups to undertake conservation activities on both private and public property. On this page you will find a summary of organisations who are active in the Clarence Valley. For example, a significant number of private landholders participate in the Land For Wildlife program, receiving both financial and practical support to preserve and enhance biodiversity on their properties. ‘Landcare’ is also a major source for grants and practical advice.

Start with the following list, or contact us at the Clarence Environment Centre for more information.

This page provides links to groups and websites that can assist you with finding funding and support for conservation in the Clarence Valley.

Please come back from time to time as this page is continuously being updated. 

Biodiversity Conservation Trust (BCT)

Guidelines and Programs for conservation on rural landholdings. There are a number of types of private land conservation agreements including opportunities for funding.

Clarence Landcare

Landcare supports the community with funding, on ground projects, networking and advice to rural landholders and conservation groups. Landcare Clarence Valley provides information in the form of planting guides, workshops, and newsletters.

Humane Society International (HSI)

HIS has a Conservation Partners Grants Program under which members of the Wildlife Land Trust are eligible to receive up to $2000 per year for 3 years to help with conservation activities on their sanctuaries.

NSW Department of Planning and Environment (DPIE)

This state government department will from time to time provides grants, sponsorship and general funding for environmental projects.

Clarence Environment Centre Land for Wildlife (LFW)

A voluntary property registration scheme for landholders who wish to manage areas for biodiversity and wildlife habitat. Landholders who are members of LFW can apply at any time for a Landholder Biodiversity Grant. The Clarence Environment Centre administers the LFW Program in the Clarence Valley.

Clarence Valley Council (CVC)

CVC provides information and advice on issues such as Pests and Weeds, Tree and Other Native Vegetation Management, Land Zoning Rules and Regulations, Environmental Conservation and Environmental Management.

Local Land Services (LLS)

LLS provides comprehensive advice for rural landholders including advice on native vegetation management specific to your property. At times grants are available via LLS for protection and rehabilitation of native vegetation. LLS also provides advice on how to best protect native vegetation on your property. Consult their website for many more articles and publications, or contact your nearest office on 1300 795 299,-plans-and-publications?result_1188179_result_page=1